Journal Writing Prompts
Have you tried writing with the help of a journal prompt? Ever had a feeling where you want to write something but you don’t know where to start? Journal prompts, or also known as writing prompts, are a topic that is used to give the author a focus on what to write. Using a journal prompt can also help to find a direction to start off writing!
Finding a journal prompts for a start could be hard, such as when you are a beginner writer or just when you have a temporary block. Some tips to find a suitable journal prompts is to look deep inside yourself for inspirations and to look around you. Besides, you will be able to discover some of the hidden thought and ideas that you have never considered or recognised.
Journal Prompts Examples
Some suggestions below are a series of examples to start of your first writing!
Write about yourself
- What brings you joy?
- Describe a place where you felt happiest.
- What was your greatest fear, and how did you conquer it?
- Write a letter to someone that you always want to thank but have never had the chance to do so.
- What is something that you would like to change about yourself? How can you change it?
Write about the daydream that you had
- Describe your dream job/partner/house.
- Where’s one place that you’d like to visit, and how do you imagine your time there?
- If you are granted a wish, what would you wish for and why?
- If you are a superhero, what super power would you like to have and how would you use it?
Write about the present
- Write a letter to someone that you care to tell them how you feel.
- Reflect and write letters to yourself with constructive feedback to improve yourself.
- Write about the people around you to describe what they are like, and what are your views about their actions etc.
- You can also record voice memos if you feel more comfortable to say those feeling out before writing them down!
Write about the future
- List down a bucket list with the things that you have always wanted to do.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 1, 3, 5, 10 years from now?
- What is something that you would like to achieve? How do you plan on reaching your goal(s)?
- How could you make someone you care feels better if he/she just lost something important to them?
With Journey, all journals written are private and secure, so you can write about anything that concerns you, and you would like to reflect on.
There's no time like the present - download Journey app today!